Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 1 box (500g) PnP vanilla cake mix + ingredients listed on box
- 5 different colours food colouring
- 1½ cups (375g) butter
- 3 cups (390g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper and cover sides with non-stick spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to packet instructions.
- Slowly whisk in cake mix.
- Divide batter between 5 bowls and tint each bowl with a different food colouring – 3-4 drops per bowl should be enough.
- Pour batters into cake tin and give a very gentle swirl with a kebab skewer to create a pattern. Avoid overstirring or the colours will turn brown.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. (Note, baking times will differ from brand to brand.) Cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk butter, icing sugar and vanilla together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Spread white icing evenly over the cake.
- Slice and serve.