Less than 45 minutes
- Glug canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- 1 packet (180g) parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 head (about 500g) red or white cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 packet (300g) Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter, melted
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Handful fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 packet (200g) streaky bacon (optional)
- Salt and milled pepper
- Thinly sliced spring onion, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Fry onion and carrot for about 3 minutes.
- Add paprika and parsnip cubes and brown slightly for 5-8 minutes. (Add a dash of water or oil if it gets too dry.)
- Spoon fried vegetable mixture into a greased baking tray, along with cabbage wedges and Brussels sprouts. Toss well.
- Pour over melted butter, lemon or lime peel and juice, garlic and herbs.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Add bacon, if using, into the dish during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Season well and garnish with spring onion just before serving.