- 4 (about 400g) chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil, for grilling and dressing
- 1 tsp (5ml) each paprika and cumin
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 can (400g) corn kernels, drained and patted dry
- 1 packet (200g) medley tomatoes
- 1 packet (250g) snacking peppers
- 1 can (400g) black beans or red kidney beans
- 1 punnet (20g) fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 limes
- 3 cups (750ml) cooked white long-grain rice
- Drizzle chicken with oil and rub with spices. Season.
- Heat a griddle pan until almost smoking hot.
- Grill chicken until tender, cooked through and well-charred, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and slice.
- Wipe griddle pan clean, then toss corn on the grill until charred.
- Combine charred corn with tomatoes, peppers, beans and half the coriander in a bowl.
- Dress with olive oil and juice of 1 lime. Season.
- Flavour rice with remaining coriander and juice and grated peel of 2 limes. Season well.
- Serve chicken, rice and salad all together in serving bowls.