Less than 30 minutes
- 2 pineapples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 limes, halved + extra for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey or brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) pineapple juice
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (250ml) tequila (optional)
- 2-3 cups ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Maldon salt
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Sprigs mint, for serving (optional)
- Grill pineapple and lime halves (cut-side down) over hot coals for 4-8 minutes, until charred.
- Allow to cool.
- Add grilled pineapples, juice from limes, jalapeño, honey, juices and tequila to the jug of a blender, along with ice.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Mix salt and sugar.
- Rub a lime wedge along the rims of serving glasses and dip into salt and sugar mixture.
- Fill glasses with frozen margarita and serve with a slice of lime or sprig of mint.