Less than one hour
Makes 2 pizzas (18cm)
- 700g store-bought bread dough
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4 cups (500g) grated mozzarella
- 1 cup (125g) grated Emmental cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh basil + extra for serving
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ bag (150g) PnP kale mix or Swiss chard
- 1 red onion, cut into petals
- 1 packet (200g) calamata olives
- Fresh basil or baby spinach, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Divide dough into two portions.
- Knock it down and roll out into two 15cm circles.
- Coat two round 18cm ovenproof dishes with non-stick spray and dust with flour.
- Press dough into dishes and press it up the sides of the dish, creating a 3cm-high border all around, thick enough to hold the filling.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and increase oven heat to 200°C.
- Combine egg, half the mozzarella, all the Emmental, herbs and chili in a bowl and mix evenly. Season.
- Divide filling between pizza bases.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and dot with kale or spinach, onions and olives.
- Bake pizzas on top oven rack for 12-15 minutes, until filling is set, and cheese is golden and bubbling. (Rotate pizzas halfway through for even cooking).
- Serve hot, scattered with fresh basil or baby spinach, if you like.