About 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2 packets (300g each) leeks, sliced
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2kg potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups (1.25L) vegetable stock
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 3-4 tsp (15-20ml) fine salt
- Milled pepper
- 3 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil blend
- ½ coil (100g) PnP chorizo sarta, diced
- 6 slices ciabatta, torn
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 sprigs each rosemary and thyme
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large 6-8L pot.
- Sauté leeks, thyme and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add potatoes, vegetable stock, water, cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove thyme stalks and blitz soup with a stick blender until smooth (or as chunky as you like).
- Heat olive oil blend in a pan.
- Fry chorizo sarta until crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Add ciabatta, garlic and rosemary and thyme.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until bread is crispy.
- Remove herbs before sprinkling chorizo crumb over hot soup (or process to finer breadcrumbs in a food processor).