Less than 30 minutes
- 12 tortillas
- 1 block (300g) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup (250ml) Italian passata sauce
- Fresh basil or rocket, for serving
Choice of toppings:
- Fresh cheese (ricotta / feta / buffalo mozzarella)
- Veggies (asparagus / baby marrow / spinach / tomatoes / peppers)
- Charcuterie (salami / prosciutto / ham / Black Forest ham)
- Heat a griddle pan on the stove (or prepare medium-hot coals on the braai).
- Top a tortilla with ½ cup grated mozzarella, spreading it evenly and leaving a 2cm border clean.
- Top with another tortilla to sandwich closed.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Grill tortilla pizzas on both sides for 2-3 minutes until charred.
- Spread each pizza with 2-3 Tbsp tomato sauce and add toppings.
- Return to griddle or grill to heat through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot, scattered with rocket or basil.