More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry
- 300g uncooked haddock (hake works well too)
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- Knob butter
- 1 tub (250ml) sour cream
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 cups (250g) grated cheddar cheese
- Handful watercress
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick.
- Line a greased 25cm quiche or tart tin with pastry and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Poach haddock in milk until just cooked.
- Remove and cool, reserving poaching liquid.
- Sauté fennel and leek in butter until soft.
- Flake fish and add to sautéed vegetables.
- Spoon filling into the pastry crust.
- Whisk sour cream, eggs and ½ cup (125ml) poaching liquid until combined.
- Pour over filling, top with cheese and bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with watercress and serve warm.