Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 packet (8s) chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Salt and milled pepper
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp (5ml) each cumin seeds and mustard seeds
- Large sprig curry leaves (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) garam masala
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) curry powder
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60ml) fruit chutney
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 8 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- Basmati rice or naan breads and sambal, for serving
- Season chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown chicken all over. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, cumin and mustard seeds and curry leaves to the pan and fry for a minute, until fragrant.
- Toss in garlic, ginger, garam masala and curry powder and fry for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, chutney and water. Mix well.
- Tuck chicken and potatoes into sauce, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with coriander and chilli (if using).
- Serve with rice or naan and sambals on the side.