Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 cups (500ml) oats
- ½ cup (125ml) quinoa and/or buckwheat
- Pinch of salt
- 6 cups (1.5L) water
- 1-2 cups (250-500ml) milk or milk alternative
- Knob butter (optional)
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen or fresh berries + extra for serving
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) each poppy, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, toasted
- Combine oats, quinoa and/or buckwheat, salt and water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, combine berries, water and honey in a saucepan and simmer for about 5-8 minutes, then set aside.
- Once oats have thickened and are cooked through, add milk and butter, if you like, and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Serve oats topped with berry compote, extra fresh berries and a sprinkle of toasted seeds.