Less than 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) peanut oil or olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 500g ostrich steaks, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) soy sauce (use low sodium for a healthier option)
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- 1 packet (330g) PnP baby marrow tagliatelle (or 1 punnet baby marrow, peeled with a vegetable peeler and cut into matchsticks)
- Fresh coriander, toasted cashew nuts and sesame seeds, for serving
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat until almost smoking.
- Season steak strips and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onion and garlic for a minute or until softened.
- Add soy sauce, balsamic and honey and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Return strips to pan to heat through.
- Serve meat on a bed of baby marrow tagliatelle and top with coriander, nuts and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.