Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 5 red bell or Palermo peppers
- Glug olive oil
- 1 packet (100g) cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 packet (20g) fresh basil leaves
- 1 Thai red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp (7ml) paprika
- Salt and milled pepper
- 400g-500g PnP conchiglie pasta shells
- 1-2 cups (125-250g) grated mozzarella
- Handful pitted olives
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven grill.
- Place peppers on a tray, drizzle with oil and roast for 20-30 minutes or until blackened all around, turning regularly.
- Place in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and set aside to sweat for 15 minutes.
- Remove skins, slice flesh and discard seeds.
- Blitz flesh with remaining pesto ingredients until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Toss pasta with pesto, and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve hot from the oven and garnish with parsley.