- Glug olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium beetroots, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) smoked paprika
- 2 red chillies, chopped, or 2 tsp (10ml) crushed chilli flakes
- 2 tsp (10ml) honey
- Juice (30ml) and grated peel of 1 lime
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) each butter and olive oil
- 4-6 fillets (about 1kg) angelfish, skin on
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry onion until softened, about 5-8 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and herbs and fry until crispy, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add paprika, chilli, honey and lime juice and peel.
- Cook for 5 minutes and season. Set hash aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a different pan over medium-high heat.
- Season fish and fry skin-side down for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Flip fish and fry for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through.
- Squeeze lemon juice over fish and scatter with grated peel.
- Serve fish with hash.