Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked, mashed sweet potato
- Juice (30ml) and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) tahini
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) coriander
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
- Handful chopped fresh coriander and parsley
- ¼ cup (60ml) mixed seeds
- 2¼ cups (560ml) cooked quinoa
- 1 packet (300g) Swiss chard or kale, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) tahini
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) water
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) low-fat yoghurt
- Juice (30ml) of ½ lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Blitz chickpeas coarsely in a food processor and combine with the other falafel ingredients (except seeds).
- Shape into 20 balls and roll in mixed seeds. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Blanch Swiss chard or kale in boiling water for a minute, then plunge into ice water.
- Combine quinoa and Swiss chard or kale.
- Divide quinoa mix, falafel and avocado between 4 bowls.
- Whisk tahini, water, yoghurt, lemon juice and garlic together for a dressing.
- Drizzle over Buddha bowls.