More than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 800g sustainable white fish (such as hake), skinned and deboned
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) each chopped parsley and coriander
- ¼ cup (60ml) sesame seeds
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes
- ¼ cup (60ml) canola oil
- 1 packet (80g) baby spinach
- ¼ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 salad tomatoes, chopped
- 4 soft flour tacos, grilled
- Mayonnaise, lemon or lime wedges and chilli, for serving
- Cut fish into strips and season.
- Combine flour, herbs and sesame seeds in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix lemon and lime juice and grated peel and place two-thirds in a bowl. Reserve the rest.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- Dip fish in lemon juice mixture, then in flour.
- Fry fish in batches for about 2-3 minutes or until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture.
- Toss spinach, cabbage, red onion and tomatoes together.
- Place salad and fish in tacos.
- Serve topped with a dollop mayonnaise, sprinkle of chilli and lemon or lime wedges.