Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1¼ cups (130g) wheat bran flour
- 1 cup (58g) crushed All-Bran flakes
- 1¼ cups (188g) cake flour
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (250g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup (180ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk or plain yoghurt
- Handful chopped blueberries, dried cranberries or coconut, shaved or desiccated (optional)
- Honey or butter, for serving
- Combine wheat bran, All-Bran flakes, flour, bicarb and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, oil and buttermilk or yoghurt in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well until you have a batter. Store in the fridge in an airtight plastic container.
- When ready to bake, fold blueberries, cranberries or coconut, if using, through batter.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Fill a greased 12-cup muffin pan ¾ full with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve drizzled with honey or slathered with soft butter.