Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups (225g) sifted self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) Amarula liqueur
- ½ cup (125ml) evaporated milk
- ½ tsp (3ml) vanilla essence
Custard or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use an electric beater to cream eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk.
- Add vinegar to milk and stir into egg mixture.
- Combine flour and a pinch of salt and fold through egg mixture.
- Pour into a 1.5L dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour hot sauce over baked pudding a minute or two after removing from the oven (take care as it may splatter).
- Serve pudding with custard or ice cream, if you like.