Less than 30 minutes (plus 3-5 hours freezing time)
Makes about 1L
Share with friends
- 6-8 (700g) ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) instant coffee
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- Slice ripe bananas, place in a zip-seal bag and freeze overnight until frozen completely.
- Heat instant coffee, water and sugar in a saucepan, and stir until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Blitz frozen bananas in a food processor for 4-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy, almost like soft-serve. (Scrape the sides as needed while blending.)
- Mix in cooled coffee syrup.
- Place mixture in a 2L container and freeze for an hour if you prefer a soft-serve texture, or freeze for 3-5 hours until firm and scoopable.
- Serve with extra coffee syrup, if you like.