Under 30 minutes
- 2 heads (300g each) cauliflower, broken into florets
- Salt and milled pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) tomato sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) maple syrup or honee (or honey, if you’re not vegan)
- 6-8 pita breads
- Lemon wedges and coriander, for serving
- 1 can (400g) lentils, rinsed and patted dry
- Glug olive oil, for frying
- Pnp hummus
- Pnp guacamole
- Shredded red cabbage
- Thread cauliflower onto skewers, place on an oven tray and season.
- Combine three sauces and sweetener of choice.
- Use sauce to baste cauliflower.
- Cook skewers over medium coals, basting every 5 minutes and turning halfway through until cooked. (or roast at 200°C for 25 minutes)
- Fry lentils in olive oil on medium-high heat until crispy.
- Serve skewers on toasted pitas with your choice of topping, a drizzle of basting sauce, a squeeze of lemon and some coriander.