Less than 1 hour
Serves 6-8 as a starter
Share with friends
- 1 packet (500g) diced butternut
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp (5ml) each ground coriander and cumin
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (125ml) each sugar and water
- ¼ cup (60ml) sultanas
- 2 packets (400g each) PnP thin Grabouw boerewors
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place butternut on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil.
- Season well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium pot and sauté onions for 8 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and thyme and fry for another minute.
- Stir in spices and tomato paste and cook until sticky.
- Add butternut, vinegar, sugar, water and sultanas and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Roll boerewors into pinwheels and secure with a skewer.
- Braai boerewors to your liking.
- Serve boerewors topped with chopped parsley and butternut relish on the side.