More than 1 hour
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (1L) milk
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (350g) flour
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- ¼ cup (60g) butter, melted, divided
- 4 nectarines, stone removed and sliced
- 3 plums, halved and sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) syrup preserved ginger + ⅓ cup (80ml) extra syrup
- 2 tubs (250g each) cultured cream (crème fraîche)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut flakes, toasted
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until smooth and frothy.
- Add flour and salt and whisk to just combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Whisk before using.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Brush lightly with some butter and ladle a spoonful of batter in the pan.
- Working quickly, swirl pan to evenly coat and cook crêpe until bubbles form on the surface and edges are golden.
- Carefully flip and cook on the other side for a few seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat, to create about 25-30 crepes. Cool.
- Toss fruit with chopped ginger and an extra drizzle of syrup to coat.
- Mix cultured cream and ginger syrup to form a thick spread.
- Place a crêpe in the centre of a flat plate or cake platter.
- Dollop a spoonful of ginger cream on base crêpe, spread to cover and sandwich with a second crêpe.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Add a generous spoonful of ginger cream on the final layer and decorate with syrup-soaked fruit.
- Scatter with flaked coconut and serve.