Less than 45 minutes (plus macerating time)
- 1 punnet (200g) cherries, pitted
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) light brown sugar or honey
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sherry vinegar
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 medium crusty baguettes, sliced
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 wedges (100g each) brie
- 12 sprigs thyme, roughly chopped
- ½ packet (50g) raw almonds, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine cherries, sugar, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Macerate for about 15 minutes.
- Brush bread with oil and toast under the oven grill for about 5-8 minutes.
- Cut brie into chunks, divide between toasts and top with thyme.
- Bake for a further 3-5 minutes until cheese is gooey.
- Top with macerated cherries and scatter with almonds before serving.