Less than 45 minutes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 1-2 garlic cloves,chopped
- 5 cardamom seeds
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) curry powder
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 2 cups (250g) dry butter beans, soaked
- Pinch sugar
- Parsley or coriander, for serving
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Fry onions and tomatoes in a pot until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and season with salt.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened and still just covering the tender beans.
- Add a pinch of sugar to taste.
- Scatter with parsley or coriander, and serve with bread.