Under 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2-3 medium brinjals, sliced 1cm-thick
- 2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 6 baby marrows, sliced
- Glug olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 jar (500g) ready-made tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups (250g) grated regular mozzarella or 1 ball fresh mozzarella (fior di latte), torn
- 1½ cups (375ml) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Handful basil leaves, torn
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat or preheat the oven grill.
- Toss vegetables in oil and season.
- Chargrill or grill vegetables until tender.
- Layer vegetables with pasta sauce, mozzarella and parmesan in an ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Scatter with basil and serve with bread.