More than 1 hour
- ½ cup (125ml) cream, well chilled
- ½ cup (100g) castor sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla essence (optional)
- 1L box custard, chilled
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- ¼ cup (60ml) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 6 plums, cut into wedges
- 6 nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1 packet (200g) Nutticrust biscuits, crushed
- Whisk chilled cream, sugar and vanilla to stiff peaks.
- Whisk a third of this mixture through cold custard, then gently fold through remaining mixture – doing it in two parts keeps the cream aerated.
- Spoon ice-cream mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and freeze for 2-3 hour.
- Whisk to break up any lumps and freeze again for 4 hours, or overnight.
- To assemble, whisk cream, sugar and vanilla together to medium-stiff peaks.
- Spoon cookie crumbs into the base of serving glasses.
- Top with fruit, ice-cream, whipped cream and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs.