Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
- 500g pork bangers, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) butter or olive oil
- 3 cups (530g) cooked rice, cooled
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame oil (optional)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 sliced spring onion, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and brown meat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- Add meat, stock, soy sauce, mustard and brown sugar and simmer for about 10-12 minutes until sticky.
- Heat butter or oil in a separate pan and fry rice for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine sesame oil (if using) and egg.
- Push rice to the side, add egg and scramble lightly before mixing in with rice.
- Season and set aside.
- Serve egg-fried rice with mince and garnish with spring onion, if using.