Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 packet (400g) shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 2 cups (500ml) frozen blueberries or strawberries (defrost slightly and drain excess juice)
- 1 egg, whisked
- Castor sugar, for sprinkling
- ½ packet (50g) almond flakes (or any chopped nuts will work)
- Vanilla ice-cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 12-14cm circles out of pastry and place on a lined baking tray.
- Pile berries in the centre of pastry circles, leaving a 2-3cm border all around.
- Fold over edges of pastry to enclose berries (but do not cover completely).
- Pinch seams to hold pastry in place.
- Brush sides of pastry with egg, and sprinkle sugar and almond flakes on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve galettes hot, topped with ice cream if you like.