More than 1 hour
- 2 cups (500ml) gluten-free flour mix
- ½ cup (125ml) desiccated coconut, toasted
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk (regular milk works well too)
- ½ cup (125ml) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Grated peel of 1 grapefruit
- Grated peel of 2 limes
- 1 lime, sliced into rings
- 1 grapefruit, sliced into rings
- 1 lime, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) toasted coconut flakes
- ¼ cup (60ml) whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 160˚C and thoroughly grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Combine flour, coconut, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together milk, oil, eggs and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir through grated peel of grapefruit and lime.
- Arrange citrus slices on the base cake tin.
- Pour batter on top and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely, remove from tin and only then flip over.
- Garnish with lime slices, coconut flakes and cream on the side.