- Glug canola oil
- Knob butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery (leaves included), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 box (500g) haddock fillets, defrosted
- 1 cup (250ml) fish or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) sour cream
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- 6 (about 600g) large potatoes, peeled and sliced into 3mm-thick rounds
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted butter
- Side salad and fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot and fry onion, carrot and celery for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add haddock fillets and cover with stock.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Stir through sour cream and fresh coriander, and season well.
- Transfer mixture to a large oven dish, greased with oil, non-stick spray or butter.
- Arrange potato slices on top, overlapping, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a salad and garnish with herbs.