About an hour
- 2 cups (500ml) strong coffee
- 10–12 (about 200g) Medjool dates, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- ¼ cup (60ml) low-alcohol KWV Jackson Brown Brandy Liqueur + extra ¼ cup (60ml) for dipping (slightly sweetened coffee works too)
- 2 tubs (250g each) mascarpone
- 2 cups (450g) PnP plain double-cream yoghurt
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla essence or paste
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- 1 packet (200g) boudoir biscuits
- ¼ cup (60ml) KWV low-alcohol Jackson
- Brandy Liqueur (or slightly sweetened coffee works too)
- Cocoa and dark chocolate shavings, for serving
- Combine coffee and dates in a saucepan and bring to a quick simmer on medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until syrup is reduced by two-thirds.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly then blitz until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, ¼ cup (60ml) brandy and ⅓ cup (80ml) honey and set aside.
- Whisk together mascarpone, yoghurt, vanilla and remaining 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey.
- Dip biscuits in extra brandy (or coffee), cutting biscuits as needed to fit ramekins or serving glasses (see below).
- Spoon a layer of mascarpone mixture in each glass or ramekin, top with coffee syrup and place a layer of biscuit on top. Repeat to create 2–3 layers.
- Dust with cocoa powder and top with chocolate shavings.