- ¼ cup (60ml) coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) each smoked paprika, brown sugar and ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10ml) each milled pepper and mustard powder
- 4 tsp (20ml) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5ml) cayenne pepper
- 800g beef chuck
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- Toast coriander seeds in a dry pan over medium heat.
- Crush with a pestle and mortar.
- Add remaining rub ingredients and pound until well mixed.
- Toss chuck, vegetable oil and spice mix together.
- Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Braai chuck over medium coals, turning halfway until cooked to your liking.
- Snip into pieces and serve.