Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 800g beef or lamb goulash
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) paprika
- 1 sachet (50g) tomato paste
- 1 can (400g) chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 4 cups (1L) beef or lamb stock
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 small potatoes or 1 sweet potato, cubed
- Plain yoghurt or sour cream and chopped parsley, for serving
- Heat half the oil in a large pot and brown meat in batches.
- Season well, remove from pot and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté onion until soft and golden.
- Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add paprika and tomato paste, then cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and stock and return meat to pot.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is soft.
- Add in remaining vegetables and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with yoghurt or sour cream and garnish with parsley.