More than 1 hour
- 1 (about 1.5kg) deboned and butterflied leg of lamb, at room temperature
- Salt and milled pepper
- Glug olive oil
- 4 red bell peppers or palermo peppers, halved
- 1 tub (120g) PnP basil pesto
- 1 packet (125g) fresh mozzarella cheese (fior di latte or bocconcini)
- 4 tsp (20ml) cumin seeds
- 2 tsp (10ml) coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) sumac or za’atar
- 1 tsp (5ml) brown sugar
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh thyme, leaves picked
- ½ tsp (7ml) garlic salt
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- 4 packets (2s) PnP naan bread, toasted/heated
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Season lamb well.
- Combine dry rub ingredients and coat meat with mixture.
- Marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Place peppers in a roasting tray.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, for medium doneness, or once the edges blacken.
- Cook for about 15 minutes over hot coals and rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add dollops of pesto to peppers and dot with mozzarella cheese.
- Serve sliced lamb and peppers with naan bread and lemon wedges on the side.