More than 1 hour
- 6 sprigs each rosemary and thyme, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 sundried tomatoes in olive oil, finely chopped
- Grated peel of 3 lemons
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 (about 2kg) deboned leg of lamb
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb, halved
- 2 packets (200g each) mixed or calamata olives
- 2 packets vine tomatoes
- Lemony roast potatoes, for serving (see cook’s note below)
- Preheat oven to 190˚C.
- Combine marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Rub lamb with salt, pepper and ground coriander.
- Brush lamb with half the marinade and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil and brown lamb over high heat in a pan.
- Place in a baking dish with pan juices and garlic, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add olives and tomatoes and roast for 20-25 minutes. Rest.
- Spoon remaining marinade over lamb.
- Serve lamb sliced, with olives, tomatoes and lemony roast potatoes.
For the lemony roast potatoes, cut 6 large potatoes into wedges. Place on a baking tray, season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 200°C for 25-30 minutes. Remove and add juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon and 8 sprigs thyme. Roast for another 8-10 minutes until crispy and cooked through. Serve warm with fresh thyme.