More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- ½ packet (500g) ready-mix shortbread dough
- 1¼ cups (310g) soft unsalted butter, for shortbread mixture
- 4 (80g each) slabs dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (360g) Caramel Treat
- 1 packet (100g) salted pretzels
- Prepare shortbread dough according to packet instructions.
- Press dough into the base of a small rectangular baking tray.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool.
- Melt half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir in caramel.
- Pour mixture over shortbread crust.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Melt remaining chocolate and pour over chocolate-caramel layer.
- Sprinkle pretzels on top and set aside to harden.
- Slice into blocks at the picnic and serve.