Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 cups (300g) cake flour, sifted
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup (125g) ice-cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- 3-4 Tbsp (30-45ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) strawberry jam
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) lukewarm water
- Blitz flour, salt and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add egg while mixing, until combined.
- Add just enough water until dough comes together.
- Shape into a flat disc, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge until firm.
- Roll out onto a floured surface to 3mm thick.
- Cut out 10 discs using a large round cookie cutter.
- Place strawberry jam into the centre of 5 discs.
- Top with remaining discs and seal edges with a fork or teaspoon.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.