Less than 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml) marmalade of your choice
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- Juice (30ml) of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 pork loin chops on the bone
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved and bruised (optional)
- 2 Thai red chillies, sliced
- 1 tsp (5ml) fennel seeds, crushed
- Sliced spring onion, for serving
- Whisk together melted butter, marmalade, soy sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- Season pork chops and brown well on both sides.
- Add orange wedges to pan if using – these will add flavour as they caramelise.
- Brown fat on chops well around the edges, using tongs to keep them upright.
- Reduce heat slightly. Add marmalade mixture, lemongrass, chilli and fennel seeds to pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, cooking chops further and reducing sauce until sticky.
- Serve chops garnished with spring onion.