Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6-8 (about 700g) potatoes, cubed
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 5 cups (1.25L) vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (300g) kale or spinach, stalks removed and leaves torn
- 1 can (400g) butter beans
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- Pinch smoked or regular paprika
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil in a pot and sauté onion until golden.
- Stir in garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add potatoes, lemon peel and stock.
- Season and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Roughly mash potatoes with a fork to thicken soup.
- Add kale or spinach and beans, and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a separate pan and fry chorizo for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chorizo, add paprika to pan (if using) and fry for 30 seconds to create a drizzle.
- Serve soup topped with chorizo and a drizzle of paprika oil.