Makes 1 tree
- 2 rolls (400g each) puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ jar (175g) chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter, melted
- Nuts, dried cranberries and vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll both puff pastry sheets out on a floured surface into 40cm x 30cm rectangles.
- Trim each pastry sheet into a large triangle and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Slather chocolate spread on one triangle and sandwich with the second triangle.
- Score two lines down the centre of the triangle to create a “tree trunk” (take care not to cut all the way through).
- Cut strips of pastry perpendicular to the tree trunk to resemble branches.
- Twist each strip to expose the chocolate spread.
- Remove the bottom strip on either side of the tree trunk to create a base.
- Chill in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly before sprinkling with nuts and dried cranberries.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.