- 500g each potatoes and sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ packet (150g) baby carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- Glug olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 pieces (500g) raclette cheese, wax skin removed
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 2 packets (100g) cured meat of choice
- Pickles such as onions, gherkins or peppers
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
- Add potatoes and sweet potatoes, and par-cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to dry for a minute.
- Place potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic and herbs in a roasting dish, drizzle liberally with oil, and season.
- Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Place raclette in a 15cm oven-proof skillet or oven dish.
- Bake on the top rack for 5 minutes or until it melts and starts to bubble, ideally before oil start separating from cheese. (If baked result yields an oily layer on top, simply whisk to emulsify cheese again.)
- Serve immediately hot out of the oven, as part of a platter with vegetables, cold meats and bread for dipping.