More than 1 hour
Recipe supplied by Lamb & Mutton SA.
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- 2 tsp (10ml) dried mixed herbs
- 2½ kg leg of lamb on the bone
- Salt and milled pepper
- 6 potatoes, sliced hasselback-style
- 4 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive or canola oil
- Handful fresh rosemary
- ½ cup (125ml) lamb stock
- Combine mustard, honey and mixed herbs in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Pat the lamb dry with paper towel and rub the honey mustard over. Season.
- Set aside covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place potatoes, onion and garlic in a deep roasting pan and drizzle with oil.
- Dot with rosemary and season.
- Place lamb on a rack over the veggies and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 180°C and pour in stock.
- Roast for another 80 minutes until meat is tender. Remove from oven and transfer onto a serving platter.
- Cover loosely with foil and rest for 20 minutes.
- Arrange veggies alongside lamb, carve lamb and serve.
Recipe Developer: Gerrie Du Rand
Photographer: Michelle Parkin