- 500g pork mince
- 3cm knob ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) black sesame seeds
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ bunch spring onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) light soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) cornflour, mixed with a little cold water
- Cooked rice noodles, for serving
- Combine mince, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, spring onions and seasoning.
- Shape into small meatballs. Roll in sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a large pan or wok and fry meatballs until golden and almost cooked through.
- Add green pepper, spring onion and pineapple and fry until just tender.
- Add sauce ingredients and cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve tossed with noodles.