1 hour (plus marinating time)
- 1 packet (250g) mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful fresh basil, torn
- 1 cup (250ml) PnP double-cream plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.7kg deboned leg of lamb
- Glug olive oil (or olive oil blend)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 4 tsp (20ml) each ground cumin, ground coriander and smoked paprika
- Pinch each ground cloves and cinnamon
- Juice (60-120ml) of 1-2 lemons
- Flatbreads, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss tomato salad ingredients together and set aside to marinate for an hour at room temperature.
- Whisk together yoghurt dressing ingredients.
- Season lamb well.
- Mix oil, balsamic vinegar and spices together, and rub the mixture into the meat.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Grill lamb for 10-15 minutes, turning often.
- Finish lamb in the oven, cooking for another 10-15 minutes. (If you prefer it medium to well done, add another 10-15 minutes.)
- Just before it’s done, squeeze lemon juice over lamb.
- Rest meat for 15 minutes.
- Carve and serve on a platter with tomato salad and yoghurt