Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- ½ cup (125ml) bechamel sauce, warm
- 1 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) grated Emmenthal and Gruyere cheese
- 2 slices sour dough, buttered on one side
- 2-3 slices black forest ham (regular ham works perfectly)
- 1 tsp (5ml) chopped chives
- 1 crispy fried egg for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C on the grill setting.
- Stir mustard and ½ the cheese into the bechamel sauce until well combined.
- Place bread, butter side down onto a chopping board and spread both slices generously with about ¼ cup (60ml) cheese sauce.
- Layer ham generously on one slice and top with more cheese (leaving some extra for topping).
- Top with remaining sour dough slice and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Cover with remaining cheese sauce and grated cheese and sprinkle with chives.
- Grill for about 3-5 minutes until golden and cheese has melted.
- Top with a crispy fried egg and serve immediately.