Less than 45 minutes
- Glug olive oil
- 1 packet (500g) haddock portions or fillets, defrosted
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 1 packet (200g) bacon, diced
- 1 sachet (100g) tomato paste
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups (300g) brown basmati rice
- Handful fresh dill, parsley or coriander, chopped
- ½ packet (2–3) spring onions, sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- Season fish and fry for 3–4 minutes a side. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Sauté onions, peppers and bacon in the same pan until bacon is crispy and aromatics have softened.
- Stir in tomato paste. Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until sticky, then add stock.
- Add rice, season and leave to simmer for 20–25 minutes.
- Flake the fish, in the meantime.
- When just about all the liquid in the pan has been absorbed, fluff up rice and stir through flaked haddock, chopped herbs and spring onion.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.