- 2 rib-eye steaks
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 packet (100g) roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 packet (20g) mint
- 1 packet (75g) radish sprouts
- ½ packet (250g) vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) peanut oil
- Juice (30ml) of 1 lime
- 2 tsp (10ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fish sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) PnP crushed garlic, ginger and chilli paste
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Season steaks and sear until medium rare, about 4 minutes a side.
- Rest for 5 minutes and thinly slice.
- Shave cucumber into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Toast peanuts and toss with cucumber, mint and radish sprouts to make a salad.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Dress salad, toss with steak slices and serve on a bed of noodles.