Less than 30 minutes
Makes about 70 biscuits
- 2 cups (250g) grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (125g) grated butter
- 1½ cups (225g) flour
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
Nice to have:
- 2 tsp (10ml) mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat cheese and butter together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add flour, salt and herbs and paprika (if using), and mix until dough comes together (it will still be quite crumbly).
- Bring dough together to form a ball and knead for a minute, until soft and pliable.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into your shape of choice.
- Place on lined baking trays and bake for 12 minutes or until crackers are lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool and crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.