Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 3 slabs (80-100g each) dark chocolate
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ cup (125ml) castor sugar
- Icing sugar (optional)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- Whip egg whites with castor sugar adding sugar 2 Tbsp (30ml) at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Combine egg yolks, chocolate and fold in meringue mixture.
- Spoon into a lined and greased 18cm cake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and garnish with sliced oranges and grapefruit.