Less than 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) white quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) rolled oats
- 2 ½ cups (625ml) boiling water
- 1 can (165ml) low-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- Pinch each ground cardamom, ginger and nutmeg
- ¼ cup (60g) coconut flakes
- 1 packet (100g) chopped nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts or pecans)
- Combine quinoa, oats, water, coconut milk, honey and spices in a small pot.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally (add a splash of water if mixture gets too thick).
- Reduce heat, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with coconut flakes and nuts.