Less than 1 hour
- ⅖ cup (100ml) unsweetened cocoa powder + extra for dusting
- 1 can (400g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 6 Tbsp (90ml) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125ml) honey or brown sugar
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- ½ cup (125ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup (125ml) honey or maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake pan.
- Blend all cupcake ingredients together until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture equally into cupcake cases and bake for 20-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove from pan (leave in their casings) and cool on a wire rack.
- Blend frosting ingredients together until smooth and spread onto cupcakes.
- Serve dusted with cocoa powder.